Our topics and projects
In a simple, entertaining way, we make the topic accessible to a broad population. To this end, the group develops campaigns and concepts for the promotion of search engine literacy in Europe. The “toolbox” will contain elements like checklists, interactive learning games, videos and infographics, roadshows and classic online/offline communication as well as didactic packages for use in schools.
Goals of the Education+Literacy Working Group
- Create awareness of why we need to learn more about internet search and build more skills
- Teaching digital skills in dealing with internet search and search engines
- Providing concepts and toolkits for search literacy
Project: Search Literacy for schoolchildren
- Didactics professor and co-moderator of the osf’s Education+Literacy specialist group Melanie Platz explains why even children of primary school age should understand how a search engine works, why they should know how to evaluate results, and what risks can arise from disclosing personal data. Read the interview
- Landingpage with information for school children and parents (German)
This is how we work
We invite interested people in universities, schools and companies across Europe and beyond to contribute to awareness raising the problem of current internet search and future solutions. The group will profit greatly from people who are connecting us to Ministries of Education and Science. We are also looking for teachers in higher education and schools who are willing to promote the subject in their environments.